9/16/08

Sweet & Sour Chicken

This is Alex's favorite!

4-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2-3 eggs

cornstarch

oil

Dip the chicken breasts in beaten eggs, then roll them in the starch. Fry in oil until just browned. Place in a shallow pan and pour sweet and sour sauce over chicken. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Turn chicken once or twice during baking.

Sweet & Sour Sauce

3/4 c. sugar

1/4 c. catsup

1/2 c. vinegar

1 Tbls soy sauce

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients. Mix well.


2 comments:

Amber Williams said...

Yummy. I have a recipe like this called Mandarin Chicken. We love it too. But I'm usually too lazy to fry up the chicken. Lame, I know.

Holly said...

That was really, really good. Everyone liked it, even Kaman was saying "mmmmm...that's good," the whole time we were eating it. Very good. Thanks for sharing.