6/4/09

Sweet Cinnamon Rolls


These cinnamon rolls raise very big. I like to use bread flour for a super soft inside that stretches as you bite into them. I love them with cream cheese frosting or a milk and powdered sugar glaze. Thanks Heather for this recipe! I love it!

Mix together:
2 Tbl. yeast
2/3 c. dry milk
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour

Mix and add:
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
2 1/2 c. hot water

Add slowly, ever so slowly, even slower than that:
3 1/2 c. flour

Mix and set aside:
1 c. sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

Melt:
1/2 c. margarine (or butter)

Raise dough for two hours. Roll out to a rectangle. Spread melted margarine. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll into jellyroll style and cut your rolls - I like to use string to cut them. Let rise again for 45 minutes.
Make your favorite icing and spread on top if desired (cream cheese, orange, lemon, milk and sugar, etc.) Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: