I don't like relying on prepackaged spices or having to run to the store when I want enchiladas. While it's simmering, prepare your enchiladas!
1 Tbl. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
pinch of ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 c. salsa
1 (6 oz) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. water
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for one to two minutes. Add the onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce. Mix together and then stir in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
2 comments:
I love homemade enchiladas, but green tomatillo enchiladas are by far my favorite. Stop by my blog check out my recipe--I think that you are going to like it!
I'll have to try this yummmy!!!
Post a Comment