This is made pretty plain so that my family can add whatever they'd like to it: Craisins, Raisins, Peanuts, Coconut, Almonds, Dried Apples, etc.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups rolled oats
1 T. butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 T. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 T. butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 T. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oats then cook and stir until starting to brown and crisp, about five minutes. Remove from heat and spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.
Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat. Stir in the honey and brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Return the oats to the pan by picking up the parchment paper like a tube and sliding into the pan. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes or so. Pour back onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread to cool.
Turn the broiler on and broil the granola on low until slightly browned. Let cool. Add your favorite toppings, milk, and enjoy!
1/4 tsp. salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oats then cook and stir until starting to brown and crisp, about five minutes. Remove from heat and spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.
Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat. Stir in the honey and brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Return the oats to the pan by picking up the parchment paper like a tube and sliding into the pan. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes or so. Pour back onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread to cool.
Turn the broiler on and broil the granola on low until slightly browned. Let cool. Add your favorite toppings, milk, and enjoy!
3 comments:
Finally! A granola recipe that has ingredients I actually own! Oh, I can't wait to try it! I tried your lentil tacos today --they were good, but I am not sure what consistency lentils are supposed to cook to, is there an easy way to know if they are really done? Do they stay relatively firm?
What a quick way to make granola! I stopped making it because it took so long to make and cook in the oven, but this way with a skillet is so much faster!! Wahoo!! We might get granola again.
Made it the other day...it was soo yummy. Austin likes it, maybe I can convert him to this, and we can save on cereal...I made the lentil tacos last week, I didn't have cumin and it cooked fine, Austin thought they were good too. Lentils should cook down to a bean mushiness. I had to cook my stuff longer than the 25-35 minutes the recipe calls for. I had left overs and I used them in the mexican lasagna that we make aka mexican skillet-on mindy's blog.
Post a Comment