3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. water
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Glaze:
1 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips (or chocolate chips)
1/2 c. peanut butter
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars and water. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Spread into a greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and peanut butter; pour over warm bars and spread evenly. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 4 doz. Mindy's Note *I don't have a 15 x 10 in pan and a 9 x 13 pan is too small. I like to double the recipe and spread in two jelly roll/cookie sheet pans.
3 comments:
mmmmm....my favorite! I was asked to make these for my nieces wedding in a couple weeks. They're THAT good.
I stole your picture for your blog...don't be mad. ;)
for MY blog...sorry I typed it wrong and didn't check it before posting...my bad.
Post a Comment