4/27/10

Reese's Peanut Butter Cake







This cake was purchased today at 5:00 and I had to say goodbye to it. I did take some pictures so I could remember that I actually made an awesome cake. Oh, and, shout it from the rooftops - it's from scratch!
I just have to blog about my experience because it was awesome. I know, only some crazy food person would actually have an "experience" with food. But I did and I'm so excited to share it with you.
I'm a make-it-from-the box cake chick. Why? Because all scratch cakes FALL. My first attempt at this cake, last night, fell. It was quite dramatic too. I started smelling something burning. Making sure, I didn't open the oven, I turned the oven light on and peered inside through the window. The cake was bubbling over and dripping on the burners at the bottom. And the middle fell flatter then ever! So I had someone ready to purchase a cake from me and all I could offer at that time was a burnt, flat mess.
So I tried again.
This is key. Pay attention if you want to make a cake from scratch. Especially if you live at a higher elevation.
Increase the heat to 375 degrees, add 1/4 cup more of flour. And don't overmix.
The cake was perfection when it came out of the oven. I seriously thanked Heavenly Father and what a blessing it was! I've never had a cake (from scratch) turn out so amazingly!
I was so pleased and excited to sell this cake to a special couple for their anniversary.

1 comment:

Massey Family said...

This cake would be my HEAVEN!!! Yummy! :)