8/28/10
Snickers Cake and Ice Cream Cake
The tricky thing about this cake is what you see is ice cream! So I baked a white cake and used the recipe from the Lemon Cake recipe. I put a thick layer of ice cream in the bottom of a 4 inch deep cake pan, added half a layer of cake and put in the freezer. Then after about 30 minutes I added more softened ice cream and chopped Snickers bar. Then one layer of cake and back in the freezer. Then I added more softened ice cream, this time with Nilla Wafers chopped and Snickers bar chopped and the final half layer of cake. I put the entire thing back in the freezer. Oh, also note: I lined the pan with parchment paper because the first time I made one of these cakes, I didn't, and I had a heck of a time getting the cake out. This time it worked like a charm with the parchment paper. After it was pretty solid, I iced the outer layer with softened ice cream and then back in the freezer for overnight. Next came the decorating! I made Chocolate Shell from the recipe HERE (also known as Magic Shell that you buy for about $3.50 at the store) as the drizzle. Chopped Snickers bar pressed into the ice cream on the bottom and sprinked on top of the buttercream frosting swirls on top. Then I used mini Snickers bars to top it off! Looks yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I'm in love!!!
Post a Comment