This was a new recipe I found in my Taste of Home Cookbook that I tried and it was a hit at my house! I was really concerned about the flavor of the peppers and how the kids would react. My two-year old had two helpings of the dish! Everyone hungrily finished what was on their plates and thought it was delicious. This is a recipe I'd like to keep around.( I am using the picture from the Taste of Home website.)
3 c. fully cooked ham, cubed
1 large Red or Orange Sweet Pepper, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 c. fresh minced parsley
1 1/2 tsp. fresh minced basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 c. olive oil
3 Tbl. butter
2 garlic cloves minced
14.5 oz chicken broth
1 Tbl. lemon juice
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan Cheese
Cook Pasta according to package directions.
Saute ham, red pepper, onion, parsley, basil, and oregano in oil and butter for 4-6 minutes or until ham is browned and vegetables are tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
Drain pasta and stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 6

3 comments:
That looks like a meal my family would love!
I tried this one, and we really liked it! Thanks Mindy.
did you use the fresh parsley, etc. or the dried stuff?
Post a Comment