2/10/11

Batman Cake

I know you've been itching to see more cakes. Sorry I haven't posted the ones of late.  Maybe when I find more time in my life, I'll post them. I'm posting them on Facebook so if you want to see them, go there. I should really start a cake blog or something so you don't have to fish through so many great cake pictures!
I wanted to share this picture with you that I just finished today. I had a sweet gal in my neighborhood call me yesterday, wanting a great cake for her son's birthday - which is today! I usually want a few days notice so I have time to study, prepare, and plan for cakes but she was pretty anxious to get a nice cake for her son. I totally understand and was so happy that I could help her out. Her son wanted a Batman cake. It was really great to talk to her and she went and purchased the toys on top so she knew exactly what he wanted. The first two layers of cake have Gotham city all around. The smaller layer on top is the Batman belt. The decorations are made with fondant and the blue is real buttercream. I'm so anxious to know how the inside of the cake will look but I realize I probably won't get to see. So it's chocolate inside with a layer of the bright yellow frosting in the middle - classic! I loved when she thought she had to take the decorations off and I told her it was all edible!

No comments: