The Black Cookie Cake. This cake was made from scratch (shocking, I know!). It's two 9" layer cakes cut in half to make four layers. The middle layer is an Oreo Buttercream frosting. Outer layer is milk-chocolate ganache, garnished with chopped Oreos and more milk chocolate ganache drizzled on top.
4/10/10
Cake Craze
I've made three cakes in less than a week and I still want to make more. Okay, I had an excuse to make two of them since my Easter food assignment was desserts for both families. Too bad they get to be my experiments. I'm not really going to post the recipes for these unless you absolutely want to try them. But I do want to post how I made them in case you'd like to order one from me and I forget how I did it. Plus, I want to share my beautiful creations with you.
This is a German Chocolate cake mix (gasp!). It is a 9" double layer cake with white chocolate cream ganache in between the layers. Vanilla buttercream frosting on the bottom and a semi-sweet chocolate (Baker's brand) ganache on top. Garnished with white chocolate curls and strawberries.
German chocolate cake mix, 9" double layer round cake. Middle layer is white chocolate ganache. Outer layer is (Baker's brand) semi-sweet chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache draped on top. Garnished with milk chocolate curls.
The Black Cookie Cake. This cake was made from scratch (shocking, I know!). It's two 9" layer cakes cut in half to make four layers. The middle layer is an Oreo Buttercream frosting. Outer layer is milk-chocolate ganache, garnished with chopped Oreos and more milk chocolate ganache drizzled on top.
The Black Cookie Cake. This cake was made from scratch (shocking, I know!). It's two 9" layer cakes cut in half to make four layers. The middle layer is an Oreo Buttercream frosting. Outer layer is milk-chocolate ganache, garnished with chopped Oreos and more milk chocolate ganache drizzled on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man! I bet Trevor is in heaven eating all those yummy cakes!!
Yeah! It finally posted on my computer! I think I gained 20 pounds just looking at the pictures. Wow! They look fabulous! Love Momma
Post a Comment