
Here is the cake that I made for the twins' birthday. My
SIL asked me to make one for their birthday. I was so excited to plan what I wanted to do and how I wanted it to look. It was for my niece and nephew so I had to pick gender neutral colors but I wanted something bright and happy. I think everyone really enjoyed the cake. It's a six layer cake with 8" cakes on the bottom and 6" cakes on the top. The Topsy
Turvy or Mad Hatter design, you have to cut the first layer of each layer at a slant. This took some patience, especially since my husband was watching me in horror wondering what the heck I was doing. He decided I'd have to go to a bakery and buy another cake because I messed this one up. I didn't go get another one and I'm pleased with how it turned out. The beginning layers and middle layers are covered in
buttercream frosting. The smooth layer and bright colors are fondant.
No comments:
Post a Comment