This pie crust will blow your mind. Okay, not really but I tried it and it worked! I've tried so many different pie crusts recipes and yes, I have had them turn out as hard as rocks. I remember using ice water, refrigerating the dough, and barely touching it with my fingers. I went to a cooking class in my neighborhood and this lady shared her recipe. The mind-blowing part is that she used WARM water. I also loved how she rolled the dough between two pieces of plastic wrap and easily transferred the dough to her pie plate. The recipe makes one pie crust. You'll need to double it for a top layer.
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. shortening
3 Tbsp. WARM water
In a bowl, mix the flour salt and sugar together. Then add the shortening. Mix with a fork until well distributed throughout the flour. It should look like little beads. Add water and mix just long enough that it holds together, then form a ball with your hands. Roll out between lightly floured (barely any) plastic wrap the size of your pie pan and add filling or cook. The cooking time varies if you have a filled pie or are doing just one layer pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.
No comments:
Post a Comment